Twilight Sucks But I Love It Anyway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Twilight forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"It's hard to resist that kind of devotion."

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Abcinthia
The Volturi
Abcinthia

"It's hard to resist that kind of devotion." Empty
PostSubject: "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion."   "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion." EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 3:11 pm

So we all know the werewolves don't have a choice on who they imprint on. It just happens and they have no control over it. But what about the girls they imprint on? Do they have a choice?

SM said that "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion." but I think that is a really stupid excuse. Some stalkers show "that kind of devotion" but we don't swoon at how romantic it is. We are creeped out.

But what about Claire? It really is like she has no choice in who she loves - she will never be given the chance to love someone else. When Quil and Jake are talking, Quil says that he won't date anyone else and that Claire will, one day, become his girlfriend. And who really becomes lovers with someone they viewed as a brother or a father when they were a child? It is just so creepy. And would Claire be able to have boyfriends or would Quil stop her?
Back to top Go down
https://twilightnexus.forumotion.com
Alstroemeria
The Volturi
Alstroemeria

PostSubject: Re: "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion."   "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion." EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:48 pm

Creepy. Plus too much devotion isn't necessarily a good thing.

I see imprinting more as obsession rather than devotion.. And the Claire thing was just mega wrong. It's almost incestuous.

However, I thought the bit in whichever book where Claire is with Quil at the beach picking rocks was so sweet. Not many teenage boys will go that far for a toddler. (Bar blood relatives and stuff)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/alstroemerian
optimusaimee
New in Forks
optimusaimee

PostSubject: Re: "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion."   "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion." EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 7:21 pm

If I lived with someone like that all my life that I felt like was my brother, I wouldn't develop feelings for them.
It's so damn creepy.
What if Claire doesn't love him? I think that they will force her to marry him. Which is just really sad for her.
Back to top Go down
Alstroemeria
The Volturi
Alstroemeria

PostSubject: Re: "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion."   "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion." EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:03 pm

I dunno. It sounds a bit culty like that but I kinda wish it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/alstroemerian
noelle.
My mother is part albino
noelle.

PostSubject: Re: "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion."   "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion." EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:18 pm

I'm not sure on the whole thing. I mean Emily seemed pretty cool with it, even after he almost killed her. Maybe there's something in the girls' blood too that draws them to the wolves..

As for the Claire thing...it's not like he had a choice. As for her, yeah she has a choice. But if Quill didn't act so much like a father or brother, but more just a really good friend. Like a friend of an older brother...one you always thought was attractive yet untouchable cause he was your brothers friend, but then as you grew up and became closer with him and you fell in love, that could work...but I don't know....it's iffy.
Back to top Go down
optimusaimee
New in Forks
optimusaimee

PostSubject: Re: "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion."   "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion." EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:58 pm

There's still the way that she could fall in love with someone else. She could get annoyed by Quil being there all the time, haha.
I wonder what the family would do if she did fall in love with someone else.
Back to top Go down
Abcinthia
The Volturi
Abcinthia

PostSubject: Re: "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion."   "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion." EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 12:34 am

optimusaimee wrote:
If I lived with someone like that all my life that I felt like was my brother, I wouldn't develop feelings for them.
It's so damn creepy.
What if Claire doesn't love him? I think that they will force her to marry him. Which is just really sad for her.

I woudln't develop feelings for him either. From when I was a baby until I was 14ish, I spent a lot of time with my mum's best friend's son and I never got any romantic/sexula feelings. He was just like a brother.

I think she could be forced to marry him too becuase it's what's expected of the imprintees.
Back to top Go down
optimusaimee
New in Forks
optimusaimee

PostSubject: Re: "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion."   "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion." EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:09 am

Yeah. And I would NOT want to marry my brother. Ughh.
And then imagine the conversations:
"So yeah, now that you're older, we should get together. I imprinted on you."
"That's why you've been stalking me my whole life?!"
"I wasn't stalking. Just following you around, doing everything you wanted me to do, looking through your window at night..."
"..."

That's how I see it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Abcinthia
The Volturi
Abcinthia

PostSubject: Re: "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion."   "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion." EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:25 pm

Lol! I can just imagine that convo happening.
Back to top Go down
optimusaimee
New in Forks
optimusaimee

PostSubject: Re: "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion."   "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion." EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:45 pm

haha it so would!
the only thing that would make it worse:

"I wasn't stalking. Just following you around, doing everything you wanted me to do, looking through your window at night..."
"THAT'S SOOOO DREAMY AND ADORABLE!!"

*dies*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion."   "It's hard to resist that kind of devotion." Empty

Back to top Go down

"It's hard to resist that kind of devotion."
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilight Sucks But I Love It Anyway :: The Twilight Saga :: New Moon-
Jump to: